Version 9.3 support
More Information for Version 9.3 Releases
The base code for Zencrack version 9.3-1 was finalised on 6 September 2023 and released in September 2023.
The program installer version number for this release is 126.96.36.199.
The documentation installer version number for this release is 188.8.131.52.
The following bugs are fixed in this release:
|Possible array bounds issue in remeshing analysis with high number of external faces on remeshed tet region.
|Possible error if connectivity line has trailing comma (Abaqus interface).
|Possible array bounds issue when converting an Abaqus mesh (Abaqus mesh converter).
|Incorrect nodal temperature is used if temperature inputs have multiple (different) temperature entries for a node.
|Possible array bounds issue when processing temperature data.
Zencrack 9.3-1 is available for x86-64 machines running 64bit Windows e.g. Windows 64bit 7 / 8 / 10 / 11. Windows 10 is recommended.
This release requires the Intel Fortran Compiler Classic, Version 2021.1 (part of Intel oneAPI) or later to use Zencrack user subroutines.
- The Zencrack GUI requires SP1 if used on a Windows 7 machine.
- For Windows 7 and 8 the Zencrack GUI requires that certain Visual C Runtime libraries are installed. If these are not available the GUI execution will fail with a message "Failed to execute script zcrgui". To resolve this issue please install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable runtime files for Visual Studio 2017 (vc_redist.x64.exe) by searching at https://support.microsoft.com/ for "Visual C++ redistributable".
- Installation of the Visual C Runtime files requires that certain updates are already installed on the system. If the Visual C Runtime installation fails, please check that the system is up to date in terms of Windows updates.
- For Windows 8, the program and documentation installers will create entries in the "All Apps" page that would normally appear in the Start Menu on Windows 7. The "Zencrack command prompt" and "Zencrack GUI" can be pinned to the Taskbar. All items can be pinned to the "Start" page. If you choose the option during installation, shortcuts for the command prompt and GUI are placed on the desktop in the normal way.
- If your PDF reader application does not support the use of cross-document links you may prefer to install and use an alternative such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or the lightweight open source Sumatra.
Zencrack 9.3-1 is available for x86-64 machines running 64bit Linux.
The Linux version has been tested with Abaqus and Ansys on three Linux variants:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.9
- with Abaqus 2022, Ansys 2022 R2
- CentOS Linux release 8.5.2111
- with Abaqus 2022, Ansys 2022 R2
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 SP3
- with Abaqus 2020, Ansys 2021 R2
Other OS versions are expected to be compatible, subject to availability of Abaqus or Ansys, but have not been tested.
On Linux the Zencrack GUI requires that a valid DISPLAY environment variable is configured in order to create GUI windows. This applies whether the GUI is used interactively or in command line mode for remeshing during a full Zencrack run (in which case windows are required as part of the remeshing process regardless of whether or not they are displayed).
The license server installation is available for 64bit Windows or 64bit Linux machines.
For license server installations the client machines do not have to match the license server machine type.