Many areas, both industrial applications and research activities, can benefit from the use of Zencrack.
Zencrack can be applied in any industry in which knowledge of crack behaviour, crack growth prediction and residual life calculation are important issues, e.g.:
- power generation.
Within any of these industries, a fracture mechanics analysis may be used in many different situations, e.g.
- post-failure and accident investigations
- forensic studies
- parametric studies of different crack sizes in a component
- leak before break studies
- design of experiments
- generation of failure assessment diagrams
- determination of -
- the residual life of a component with a known flaw size and load history
- the maximum crack size for a given life
- NDT inspection periods
- repair scenarios
- threshold crack size for a given cyclic load.
On a task-based or component level the potential use of the software is almost unlimited. Typical applications include:
- assessing residual life
- life extension
- damage tolerance assessment
- reliability analysis
- development of new materials
- elastic and plastic analysis to show interaction between ductile and brittle failure (i.e. failure assessment diagram methodology)
- engine disks and blades and their dovetail connections
- power generation components, e.g. high pressure waterbox
- pipeline defects and connections, e.g. tee, sweepolet connections
- rail tracks
- welded connections
- rubber components
- high temperature creep Ct integral evaluation
- adhesive bonded patch repairs
- maintenance scheduling.
More in this category