What's New in Zencrack?
Zencrack version 7.9-3 was finalised on 24 March 2015 and updated on 11 May 2015
This release includes:
- Interface to NX Nastran.
- Improvements to the xy plotting capability in the GUI.
The update includes additional bug fixes. In addition, the memory handling in the process utility is updated to better cater for huge data sets.
NX Nastran Interface
The major enhancement in version 7.9-3 is the first release of Zencrack with an interface to NX Nastran.
This interface requires NX Nastran 10.0 and supports solution types 101 and 401.
Contour integral evaluation in NX Nastran is supported only for solution type 401 - for solution type 101 Zencrack converts nodal displacements to stress intensity factors.
The Zencrack GUI has enhancements in the XY plotting capability introduced in the version 7.9-2 release:
- Access to results and plotting of data from detailed integration output (.bk2 files).
- Full range of variables available for plotting from .rep file output data compared to a limited list of variables in version 7.9-2.
- Options to control plot styles:
- line and marker attributes
- normal or log scales
- minimum and maximum range values for axes
Other enhancements include:
- Option to export and import user defined viewpoints.
- Option to convert (x,y,z) growth data to a spline for visualisation of growth paths.
- New "instant-access" help information for all text input screens when defining input data.
Support is added for the Zencrack *CONTACT keyword to allow automatic generation of crack face surfaces and contact definitions.